Roast is a very popular dish all over the world. In this article, you will learn how to cook a roast in a roaster pan. So that you can make this dish at your home very easily. As a roast, I will use chicken in this recipe.
For making chicken roast at your home, you should learn the roast chicken recipe and the process of making it before starting your cooking. So let’s drive into depth.
Roast chicken recipe – Ingredients
- Chicken 01 pc for roasting (5 to 6 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Lemon 01 pc with divided 2 parts
- Garlic 01 head
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Large onion 01 pc
- Carrots (Cut into small pieces)
- Fennel 01 bulb
- Olive oil
Make sure all of the ingredients are ready beside your hand before starting your cooking.
How to cook a roast in a roaster pan
Roasting chicken in a pan is an easy task if you follow some common steps. So let’s drive into steps.
Step One: Roast chicken in a pan
Remove the giblets from the inside of the chicken and rinse your chicken inside and outside very properly. Stuff the cavity with all of your ingredients. Brush the outside of your chicken with butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper outside of the chicken again.
Step Two: Roast chicken in a pan
Tie your chicken legs with kitchen string for getting a better result. Preheat your oven at 430 °F for cooking chicken. Place chicken into your roasting pan and add another ingredient to the pan. Now add your cooking oil, thyme, and salt. Coat your chicken with all of them in the pan very well.
Step Three: Roast chicken in a pan
Place your pan in the oven for 1.25 hours or until it looks light brown color. Remove the pan from the oven and cover with foil aluminum for 20 minutes. And lastly, slice your chicken and serve with vegetables.
Health benefits of eating chicken
Many people love chicken but most of them think that chicken is not good for their health. They only eat chicken for their taste but it is wrong thinking. There are some mysterious health benefits of eating chicken that are given below.
1. We know protein is very important for our health and chicken is a very leading source of protein. It gives a high amount of protein with less fat. According to a health site, there are 31gm protein in every 100gm roasted chicken.
2. Chicken contains phosphorus and calcium that helps to keep our bones healthy.
3. Chicken is tasty food with very good weight management. It helps to keep your weight in control.
4. Red meat increases the risk of colorectal cancer but chicken offer reduces the risk of developing cancer. If you are interested to eat meat then the chicken is the best choice to eat rather than red meat.
5. By eating chicken, you can control your high blood pressure. So if you are a patient with high blood pressure then the chicken is the best option for you.
6. Chicken livers contain vitamin B2 which helps to reduce our skin problems and at the same time repair our damaged or dry skin.
Now, I will talk to you about oil for your roasting chicken.
Best oil for roasting chicken
Olive oil is the best option as your cooking oil for roasting. I have selected Pompeian mild taste olive oil for you. It helps you to make your roasting tasty.
This olive oil is perfect for roasting your chicken. This oil is naturally gluten-free and non-allergenic. So this is a healthy oil also.
Best string for roasting chicken
This is another useful thing for roasting. I recommend kitchen cooking string for you. You can check this out for your roasting chicken.
This is white string heavy-duty packing string for DIY craft and gift wrapping. This string is safe for health and eco-friendly. This twine is perfect for truss a turkey task.
At the end of this article, I can say that you already got all of the points of how to cook a roast in a roaster pan. And you will enjoy this delicious food with your family very soon. Best wishes for your cooking.
If you have any questions about roasting chicken feel free to ask me in the comment box. And also will give me your feedback after roasting and enjoying it. Lastly, if you want more about different types of cooking technic then visit another post on How to make scrambled eggs in a pan.